A full appointment system is employed but urgent cases will be seen the same day. We will do our best to keep to the appointment time, but emergencies do occur.
All routine consultations are by appointment only, and can be made in person, by telephone, or online, between 08:30 and 18:30. Appointments with a doctor or nurse last 10 minutes - if you feel this will not be long enough to discuss your matters, please book a double appointment which can be up to six weeks in advance.
Every day we have an allocated amount of urgent appointment slots, which are to be booked by contacting the surgery only. Once these appointments have been taken we can arrange for you to be seen at one of the Hub surgeries. Please see below for further details.
Some problems can be resolved over the telephone.
Children under 16 should be accompanied by an adult.
Whilst the practice will endeavour to fulfil your request for a particular doctor, it might not always be possible and if this were to be the case, an explanation would be offered.
Appointments can be made online via the link at the top of this page.
Extended Opening Hours
If you need a routine appointment and are unable to make an appointment during the day (e.g. if you are working), you can make an appointment between 18:30 and 19:15 on Monday evenings only.
Improved GP Access Appointments
We are able to offer improved access to GP and nurse appointments at one of our hubs across West Norfolk. We have eight hubs in total spread across West Norfolk.
How do I access the service?
The provision of this service is available to patients who are registered with one of the 21 surgeries within West Norfolk.
Appointments are made by calling your own GP surgery and are available to patients on equal footing to appointments within the regular surgery hours.
What appointments are available?
We offer appointments Monday to Friday from 6.30pm - 8pm on Saturdays 8.00am - 1.00pm and Sundays 9.00am - 12.00pm.
Where do I need to go?
Our receptionist will advise which one of the practice's to attend for your appointment, they operate a rota system.
- Campingland Surgery, Beech Close, Swaffham,PE37 RD
- Litcham Health Centre, Manor Drove, Kings Lynn, PE32 2NW
- Great Massingham urgery, Station Road, Great Massingham, PE32 2JQ
- Southgates Medical Centre, 4 Goodwins Road, Kings Lynn, PE30 5QX
- St James Medical Practice, County Court Road, King's Lynn, PE30 5SY
- St John's Surgery, Main Road, Terrington St John, Wisbech, PE14 7RR
- Vida Healthcare, Gayton Road, Kings Lynn,PE30 4DY
- IC24 - GP Out of Hours, QEH, Gayton Road, Kings Lynn, PE30 4ET
What conditions can be treated?
A mixture of routine and pre-bookable and same day appointments for general consultation.
Patients who cannot be seen:
- Babies under 12 weeks old
- Pregnancy related problems
- Severe Mental Health problems
- Patients identified with a potentially life-threatening medical condition which requires referral to urgent or emergency care settings
- Walk-in patients
In a number of cases it might be worth considering an appointment with a practice nurse rather than a doctor. Practice nurses are qualified to deal with many conditions and you may be seen more quickly.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.